Sales Tax Audit Survival Guide
What would you do in the event of a sales tax audit? All the sudden you start having doubts about your sales tax collection, exemption certificates, use tax, and you wonder, “am I ready for this?”. Nobody likes a sales tax audit…unless you’re an auditor. That’s why we here at Peisner Johnson & Company want to help explain what you can do to avoid costly penalties, interest, and to keep your business audit ready. In this webinar we will go through all of these topics and more so you no longer have to fear a sales tax audit!
Michael Fleming who is very well versed in the field of sales tax will break down the essential do’s and don’ts before (and after) the auditor comes knocking. Michael has years of experience and he will share lessons learned from working with hundreds of companies. Join us for an hour long webinar that will undoubtedly be beneficial to your business and your future!
- The most common audit red flags
- What to do if you receive an auditor notice
- How to avoid the most common audit pitfalls
- The one document you should never provide an auditor
- How to avoid penalties and even possibly some interest
- The best practice for collecting and storing exemption certificates
- What the auditor is going to want to see
- How to protect yourself from future audits
One hour CPE credit available.
Peisner Johnson & Company is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.